Friday, January 29, 2010

Our first public talk on raw feeding

Thank you, thank you Pippa Ducat of Best Behaviour School for Dogs. Last week she invited Vicky and me to speak about raw feeding at a special evening event at Port Lympne zoo in Kent. Over a hundred people turned up, which is amazing as the weather was foul and the zoo is miles from anywhere. Guests were greeted with a drink and when everyone had settled Pippa gave a fascinating presentation on canine behaviour. I’ve been involved with obedience training since I was, literally, a toddler (I was raised by someone who ran training classes and used to take me along in my pushchair) but Pippa gave me lots of new insights into canine psychology. She was a tough act to follow but I did my best to make canine biology interesting (which it is, once one gets into it) and to explain why dogs are biologically designed to eat raw food. Vicky finished with a few words about diet. A really great bunch of people – the whole thing turned into a party after we had finished – and we came away having made lots of new friends. Thank you, again, Pippa.

No comments:

Post a Comment