Sunday, March 6, 2011

We're getting ready for Crufts!

A quick note to let you know that we will be at Crufts again this year. For me it is a bit like the way my children sometimes count '1,2, skip a few, 99, 100'. I was there several times as a puppy (as it were) in the 1960s and then not again until last year. A lot had changed in the interim. The first time I went was to watch Alison (who brought me up) compete in the obedience class. 1964? I remember it was all - well - black and white. A bit like the photo above. I mean, look at the table and the friendliness of the place. How I wish it was still the same. Innocent. Now, although I love meeting our customers and spreading the word about raw feeding, I consider it pretty close to the seven circles of hell. I am a country boy and hate crowds. I mean, there isn't even anywhere to sit down with a cup of tea. Still, for all my reservations I know I will have a fantastic time. Indeed, my real regret is that the brilliant restaurant we found last year - Matthew's - has closed. The chef was a genius and I only wish I could discover where he has gone to. Anyway, if you are going to be at the NEC in the week ahead please, please come and say hello...

No comments:

Post a Comment